For Immediate Release
Kuala Lumpur, 28th February 2020
Dorsett Hospitality International takes strict preventive anti-epidemic measures
Dorsett and Silka Hotels in Malaysia and Singapore adopts strategies
Dorsett Hospitality International has always put the health and safety of guests and employees first; and has in place stringent preventive anti-epidemic measures. Advocating the Group’s operational direction in light of the recent coronavirus outbreak; and understanding our guests’ concern about the epidemic and hygiene, all our hotels in Malaysia and Singapore has elevated its hygiene standards and implemented a series of health safety measures.
The precautionary measures undertaken are but not limited to the following:
- We are using Alco Quat from Chempro technology, a cleaning agent that is effective againts a broad spectrum of viruses to disinfect, clean and deodorize the air con air outlet/return nozzle and dust filter everyday
- All hotels have installed multiple hand sanitizer stations within hotel areas
- All public areas in our hotels are providing 60-80% alcohol-based hand rub/ gel for guest and staff use
- All arriving guests will undergo body temperature scan at point of check-in
- Arriving guests are to fill out a health condition and travel history survey.
- All associates on duty are provided with face masks
- All associates reporting for duty will need to receive a body temperature scan.
- Intensified hygiene awareness amongst our associates
- Frequent cleaning and sanitization of common/public areas and guest room including high-touch areas
- All associates reporting for duty with travel histories are strictly to self-quarantine at home for two weeks and to fill up a travel declaration form
- Frequent information briefings & trainings that cover all basic protective measures against COVID-19, signs & symptoms of the pandemic disease, personal hygiene with specific procedures are being conducted by the management
- Social Distancing indications with designated arrows are being implemented in all elevators for guests and associates to stand at least a metre apart
Our hotels will continue to pay close attention to the Minister of Health (MOH) of Malaysia's guidelines for health and hygiene, and remain vigilant to protect the health of our guests, employees and community at large; and strive to provide a clean and safe environment for all.
Dorsett Hospitality International hotels in Malaysia: -
Dorsett Grand Subang. Jalan SS12/1, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor. Malaysia. +603 5031 6060
Dorsett Grand Labuan. 462 Jalan Merdeka. 87029 Labuan FT. Malaysia. +60 87 422 000
Dorsett Kuala Lumpur. 172 Jalan Imbi, 55100 Kuala Lumpur. Malaysia. +603 2716 1000
Dorsett Hartamas Kuala Lumpur. D-G-08 Plaza Damas 3, 64 Jalan Sri Hartamas 1, Taman Sri Hartamas, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. +603 6209 8888
Dorsett Putrajaya. Precinct 3, 62000 Putrajaya, Malaysia. +603 8892 8388
J-Hotel by Dorsett. No 7 Jalan Jati, 55100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. +603 2716 1132
Silka Maytower Kuala Lumpur. 7 Jalan Munshi Abdullah, 50100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. +603 2692 9298
Silka Cheras Kuala Lumpur. KM10 Jalan Cheras, 56000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. +603 9100 1133
Silka Johor Bahru. Lot 101375 Jalan Masai Lama, Mukim Plentong, 81750 Johor Bahru, Malaysia. +607 360 1000
And in Singapore, Dorsett Singapore. 333 New Bridge Road, Singapore 088765. +65 66788333
Kattie Hoo – Director of Marketing & Communications, SEA