12 February, 2020
Dorsett Hospitality International takes strict preventive anti-epidemic measures
We work with the people of Hong Kong and will overcome any obstacle together
Dorsett Hospitality International has always put the health and safety of guests and employees first. A committed member of the Hong Kong community with a total of 9 hotels in various districts across the city, Dorsett shares a responsibility for public health and has taken preventive and anti-epidemic control measures as our top priority by strictly following the guidelines from the Department of Health’s Centre for Health Protection and closely monitoring all updates regarding the recent coronavirus outbreak.
Understanding our guests’ concern about the epidemic and hygiene, Dorsett has been referencing hospital hygiene standards in the past few weeks to seek appropriate measures to elevate our hotels’ own hygiene standards. Now, Dorsett is partnering with Ecolab, a global leader in infection prevention solutions and expertise. Ecolab is the preferred partner of Dorsett and has supplied us with their Disinfectant Cleaner 2.0 for all DHI hotels in Hong Kong to comprehensively clean and disinfect the air conditioning system. Ecolab’s Disinfectant Cleaner 2.0 is a germicidal / virucide detergent effective in killing 30 pathogens*, including Influenza A, Avian flu and Infectious bronchitis. This product is registered by the US Environmental Protection Agency as reliable and safe.
Dorsett has also implemented a series of precautionary measures at its hotels, including but not limited to:
- Hotel is using Ecolab disinfectant cleaner 2.0 to clean air con air outlet / return nozzle and dust filter every day.
- Hotel has installed multiple disinfectant and anti-epidemic sprayers within hotel areas.
- Hotel has increased the cleaning and disinfection frequency of public areas and facilities to once every hour.
- All public areas in our hotels are providing 70-80% alcohol-based hand rub/ gel for guest and staff use, and providing refill service for guests to use when going out.
- A dedicated queue for all arriving guests to take a body temperature scan and fill out a health condition and travel history survey.
- All staff on duty are required to wear surgical masks.
- All staff reporting duty will need to receive a body temperature scan.
Our hotel will continue to play close attention to the government’s guidelines for health and hygiene, and remain vigilant to protect the health of our guests, employees and community at large. Dorsett will work with Hong Kong to fight the epidemic and provide a clean and safe environment for all our guests.
*A list of the 30 pathogens:Bacteria:
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Staphylococcus aureus (Staph)
- Streptococcus pyogenes (Strep)
- Enterobacter aerogenes
- Enterobacter cloacae
- Escherichia coli
- Klebsiella pneumoniae
- Proteus mirabilis
- Proteus vulgaris
- Salmonella choleraesuis
- Serratia marcescens
- Shigella flexneri
- Shigella sonnei
- Staphylococcus aureus phage 80 & 81
- Staphylococcus epidermidis
- Adenovirus Type 3
- Herpes simplex Type 1 (Herpes)
- HIV-1 (AIDS virus)
- Influenza A/Texas (influenza)
- Rubella (German Measles)
- Vaccinia (Pox Virus)
- Avian influenza
- Bovine rhinotracheitis virus
- Infectious bronchitis (Avian IBV)
- Newcastle disease virus
- Aspergillus flavus
- Aspergillus fumigatus
- Aspergillus glaucus var tonophilus
- Candida albicans
- Trichophyton mentagrophytes
For more information visit: https://www.dorsett.com/
For media enquiries, please contact:
Ms Fion Wong, Marketing Communications Manager
Dorsett Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong
Tel: +852 3996 6828
Fax: +852 3996 6803
Ms Stefanie Tse, Marketing Communications Executive
Dorsett Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong
Tel: +852 3996 6858
Fax: +852 3996 6803
About Dorsett Hospitality International
Dorsett Hospitality International is one of Asia’s fastest-growing hotel groups. As a Hong Kong hospitality brand, we are proud to have an international footprint in 27 major cities worldwide with a total of 58 properties with our strategic partners TWH and AGORA Hospitality, including Dorsett Hospitality International’s 3 core brands: Dorsett Hotels & Resorts, d.Collection, and Silka, each with their own distinct identity and offerings to cater to diverse travel needs. Since the group’s establishment in Hong Kong in January 2007, we have grown by leaps and bounds with hotels across China, Malaysia, Singapore, Japan, Australia, the United Kingdom, and Continental Europe; more properties are planned in the development pipeline. For more information on Dorsett Hospitality International, visit: www.dorsett.com
A trusted partner at nearly three million customer locations, Ecolab is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. Around the world, customers in foodservice, food processing, hospitality, healthcare, industrial, and oil and gas markets choose Ecolab products and services to keep their environment clean and safe, operate efficiently and achieve sustainability goals. For more information on Ecolab, visit: www.ecolab.com