Dorsett Wanchai is one of the best quarantine hotels in Hong Kong with stunning views of the Happy Valley Racecourse. The anti- COVID-19 measures at Dorsett Wanchai are comprehensive to ensure that you can enjoy a safe stay.
Instantly earn 65 cash credits (=US$65) upon check-in by booking the starting package rate at HK$880nett per night!
PRICES FOR 14/21-NIGHT QUARANTINE FULL BOARD PACKAGES WITH DAILY BREAKFAST, LUNCH AND DINNER:
For Check-in Date from 20 Jun to 31 Aug, 2021
|ROOM TYPE||ROOM RATE (inclusive of daily breakfast, lunch and dinner)||EARN CASH CREDITS+|
Superior Room*^ (Selected rooms with window view)
|HK$880 nett per night||USD 65|
|Premier Causeway Bay City View Room*#||HK$1,400 nett per night||USD 103|
|Premier Course View Room*#||HK$1,600 nett per night||USD 118|
|Deluxe Triple Room with 3 firm single beds
(for 3 persons stay)
|HK$2,000 nett per night||USD 148|
|Family Quad Room with 2 queen-sized beds
(for 4 persons stay)
|HK$2,400 nett per night||USD 177|
|Executive Suite*||HK$3,400 nett per night||USD 252|
|Fitness Suite*||HK$3,800 nett per night||USD 281|
^Selected rooms on high floors with room view overlooking the Aberdeen tunnel, churchyard and mountain view, subject to availability upon request. Please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Each additional occupancy is subject to a supplement of HK$400 nett per person per night. The HK$400 includes HK$200 additional occupancy supplement and HK$200 additional meals.
#Subject to room availability, if Premier Causeway Bay City View Room or Premier Course View Room is not available at time of check-in, room will be upgraded to Grand Deluxe Causeway Bay City View Room and Grand Deluxe Course View Room respectively.
+Book direct, enroll as our Dorsett – Your Rewards member for free and get the cash credits you deserve!
The cash credits will be readily available for your use during your stay for:
- Foodpanda in-room menu with over 100 options, and
- Dorsett Mart the Online Shopping Platform with everyday items, fitness & entertainment equipment available for rental or purchase
1000mbps via Dedicated Internet Access, supporting 10 devices at a time.
THE "WHIZ GAMBIT" ROBOT TO DEEP CLEAN CARPETS
We use "Whiz Gambit" the cleaning robot by Softbank and Avalon to deep clean carpets. The Whiz part effectively removes bacteria, virus, dirt, and hidden dust and battles airborne fungi to improve indoor air quality. The Gambit side is antimicrobial, reducing over 99.9% of the bacteria count according to ISO standards. SGS disinfect testing revealed a 99.9% efficiency against a wide range of pathogens, including the COVID-19 virus.
AIR PURIFIER ON EVERY GUEST FLOOR
Robust Iot UV-C Air Purifier with H13 HEPA, Active Carbon Filter & UV-C light is 99.95% efficient in capturing PM 2.5 & airborne particles, and UV-C Sanitization to kill up to 99.9% of germs in the air. It also meets the requirment of Food and Environmental Hygiene Department.
RICE ROBOT TO DELIVER AMENITIES
To cut down on human contact, Rice the Robot is in use to assist our staff in delivering amenities to guests all over the hotel, in a delightful way.
- Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner (designated standard menu) are included in the package. Click to check out the Standard Menu. Vegetarian options, or other dietary requirements can be entertained with a min. of 72 hours advance notice to the hotel.
- Alternative meal arrangement at guest’s own expense – You may order from
- a. Foodpanda (in partnership with our hotel) - an in-room menu that includes 13 best restaurants in town, featuring Japanese, Thai, Western, Vegetarian Indian, Halal, Michelin-recommended Cantonese cuisines…with over 100 items. Starting price from HK$30 per dish
- b. Through any food ordering apps eg. Deliveroo, Uber Eats, Food Panda.
- Family and friends may deliver food to you. Hotel staff will assist to pick up your food outside of the hotel and drop off the items outside your room. Service is available 24-hour a day. No service charge or delivery charge will be applied.
Free cancellation 14 days before arrival. Hotel will not levy any administration / handling fee on cancelled bookings.
We offer full refund if your flight got cancelled/amended, or you are denied entry by immigration, or associated with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
In the case that government changes the number of nights required for quarantine stay, and if that falls less than the number of nights you have booked with us, hotel will offer full refund for the extra nights you have booked.
To guarantee your booking, credit card details is required at time of reservations. Actual payment will be settled upon arrival.
Mini fridge is available in every room.
SAFETY AND HYGIENCE MEASURES
Safety and hygiene is probably our strongest selling point with the use of AI technology and hospital grade cleaning detergent. Please check out our safety video.
CHILDREN UNDER 18 YEARS OLD
Minor aged under 18 years old can be accompanied or unaccompanied by an adult for quarantine. If unaccompanied, the adult should sign the “Consent form for unaccompanied person staying in Designated Hotel”. The adult should also physically show up to complete the registration and checkout procedure with the minor.
If the minor is to be accompanied by an adult during his/her stay, he/ she need to apply for conditional approval from the Department of Health by email to email@example.com, before the arrival of the guests. The quarantine guests should bring a copy of such approval for the trip.
The accompanying person, after showing the approval obtained from the Department of Health and then signing the “Undertaking form for accompany person”, would join the guest at the designated quarantine hotel.
The hotel should return the form to the Department of Health by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, failing which the quarantine guests may have to be relocated to other hotels or to the quarantine centres.
The above will be subject to change without prior notice according to the latest announcement from the Department of Health.
TRAVELLERS FROM HIGH-RISK COUNTRIES
Dorsett Wanchai welcomes guests returning from all regions or countries (outside Mainland China and Macau) from the Overseas for quarantine.
CHECK OUT TIME
Due to safety and hygiene reasons, check out time will be at 9am to allow sufficient time to do deep cleaning for every checked out room.
A 24-hour online shopping platform with a wide selection of grocery items, games and fitness equipment such as Move It Smart Gym, Switch Nintendo, Walking Pad… are available for rent or purchase, transforming your quarantine stay into a holiday. Guests may pre-order all the items before arrival HERE. The item(s) will be delivered to your room on your arrival (paid upon arrival directly to the hotel).
+EARNING CASH CREDITS
• Only bookings made direct with the hotel are eligible to earn the Dorsett-Your Rewards membership points stated above
• Points earning is applicable to bookings that meet the starting package rate for different stay periods as specified by the hotel
• Cash credit’s value may vary slightly according to the prevailing hotel’s currency exchange rate
• The cash credit offer is valid until September 30, 2021
• In the event of a dispute, Dorsett-Your Rewards and the hotel’s decision shall be final
14 / 21 Nights Quarantine Full Board Package with Daily Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Book 21-night stay from HK$800nett per night (inclusive of service charge) with the following benefits:
- Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner with designated standard menu
- Free premium WiFi (up to 1000Mbps and 10 devices at a time) with Dedicated Internet Access (DIA) to ensure reliable and high speed connectivity
- Free coffee/ tea maker
How Safe it is to Stay with Us?
New Normal . New Measures under COVID-19 at Dorsett Wanchai
We partner with Ecolab, a global leader in infection prevention solutions and expertise, and use their Ecolab’s Disinfectant Cleaner 2.0* to comprehensively clean and disinfect high touch areas in public areas, as well as all guest rooms and air-conditioning system.
*Ecolab’s Disinfectant Cleaner 2.0 is a germicidal /virucide detergent effective in killing 30 pathogens. This product is registered by the US Environmental Protection Agency as reliable and safe.
The air conditioner installed in our hotel rooms uses a fan coil unit system. This type of system places the unit consisting of the fan and the coil directly in the guest room. This means each guestroom have its own independent pipe, which connects to the main fan on the roof of all hotels, allowing fresh air to be drawn from the outside to each room, and through an air filter disinfected with Ecolab’s medical grade disinfectant.
Drainage and Ventilation
All drain outlets are regularly disinfected with 1:99 bleach water and the hotel sewage pipe system is discharged through an independent drainage pipe and vent system. Since there is an independent pipe supplying fresh air to each room, this prevents negative pressure on the airflow and the U-shaped traps from drying out.
Use of Technology
We use Whiz – the AI vacuum cleaner to deep clean carpets. It can effectively remove bacteria, virus, dirt, mold and hidden dust that cannot be collected by conventional human cleaning. In additional, we have installed an AI thermal scanner to detect elevated skin temperature in high traffic public areas.
Test Kits Available 24/7
Project Screen by Circle - The Covid-19 test kit is available for sales at the reception. This 'Do-It-Yourself' test kit has an analytical accuracy of 99.9% with results available within 24-48 hours with a daily laboratory cut-off time of 5pm.
Extra Comfort & Convenience
We have also launched a new foodpanda menu featuring a list of the city’s best restaurants to enhance our guests’ in-room dining experience. There are two vending machines fully-stocked with sanitizing amenities and daily necessities available for sale.
Our Standard Hygiene and Safety Guidelines
- Momax Robust loT UV-C Air Purifier on every guest floor with:
- H13 HEPA and Active carbon filters which are 99.95% efficient at capturing and removing airborne particles including PM 2.5 from the air;
- Ultraviolet-C sanitisation which is 99.9% efficient in disinfecting the air and killing germs;
- PM2.5 high-sensitivity laser sensor to accurately monitor the standard of air quality on each floor and ensure air is being circulated and disinfected regularly 24/7
- Using Ecolab disinfectant cleaner 2.0 to clean air con air outlet / return nozzle and dust filter every day
- Housekeepers will use Ecolab disinfectant sprayer to sterilize every checked out room prior to new guest’s arrival.
- Multiple disinfectant and anti-epidemic sprayers are installed within hotel areas
- Increase the cleaning and disinfection frequency of public areas and facilities to once every hour
- All public areas in the hotel are providing 70-80% alcohol-based hand rub/ gel for guest and staff use, and providing refill service for guests to use when going out
- A dedicated queue for all arriving guests to take a body temperature scan and fill out a health condition and travel history survey
- All staff on duty are required to wear surgical masks, and depending on the job function of the staff, further provide them with additional anti-pandemic equipment (including eye protection, protection gown and gloves)
- All staff reporting duty will need to receive a body temperature scan
Anti-Epidemic Hygiene Measures
Dorsett Wanchai is one of the Hong Kong hotels with a series of anti-epidemic hygiene measures in place that are certified by the Hong Kong Quality Assurance Agency (HKQAA) under the "Anti-Epidemic Hygiene Measures Certification Scheme", ensuring guests a safe and healthy environment. Click to see details.
My recommendation after staying 21 days at The Dorsett Wanchai
The hotel staff are very professional and helpful. The rooms are clean and supplied with many things you would need. My windows were not openable, but the AC has a fresh air supply that works well, the windows have heavy blackout curtains. The room comes with enough extra towels and bed linen for the month. They give a box with 24 bottles of water and more if you ask. The tea kettle works well and comes with a few tea bags/coffee/sugar. Plenty of plastic bags for the 14:00 garbage pickup. I did not, but you can rent microwave ovens, treadmills, bicycle trainer, small weight, yoga mats, etc... Internet is good but VPN's are blocked. The desk is big and the chair is not bad even after 18hrs of use. The quarantine food is not my favorite, so I order on Foodpanda and the hotel staff brings the food within minutes after delivery. I would highly recommend The Dorsett Wanchai for your next quarantine experience/enjoyment. Hope that helps...
- Jackk815 (Jul, 2021)
Fantastic quarantine stay at Dorset Wan chai
We had to spend the mandatory 3 weeks quarantine in Hong Kong and we choose Dorset Wan chai based on the reviews we saw and it was the best decision we made. To start, we had to change our quarantine dates few times for some visa delays and the team at Dorset were so kind to accommodate that, meant tons to us. The team were so helpful through the whole stay, answered few requests we had and they kindly sent a cake in our son’s birthday and a souvenir the day before we leave! Loved our stay (even though it’s a quarantine stay), had to specifically mention few people I interacted with (Hugo the guest manager, Zoe and Gladys from the front desk) , they are service super stars, thank you!
- Amire (Jun, 2021)
Friendly, caring and clean
The room was bright with sun shine. The bathroom was clean without mold. This is the extra positive point to Dorsett Wanchai! In Europe, even full-star hotels, rooms in such age are full of mold already especially in bathrooms. My mattress was too hard. The hotel changed it and gave me topper. Then I could sleep well. The managers were very caring and asked us from time to time if everything is fine. They accepted critics and made improvement. The hotel gave us some surprises from time to time which made the quarantine not so boring. I was excited by their Friday afternoon tea, e.g. tasty Egg Tart.
- Anoyms (Jun, 2021)